When creating a successful business there are some key strategies you will need to include in your plan. These are proven successful strategies used by entrepreneurs to build their own successful businesses. If you study these practices and learn to use them in your day to day activities you will have a much better outcome in your business venture. So find below, the strategies you can use to improve your chances of success.
- Visualize Success-See yourself as Successful. Picture what it would be like to achieve your goals. And ask yourself what you would have to do to run your business, would you need to hire people, or do you need more capital. The more real you make it seem the more likely you will achieve your goal.
Strive for Steady Growth
- Strive for Steady Growth-Don’t try to grow your business to fast. You want to strive for a steady growth that will last for the long haul. You want to build your brand. This takes time and you want to build a good reputation that your customers can believe in.
Build your Business to Last
- Build your Business to Last-Go the extra mile. You will want to build a customer base that will stay with you. And provide your customers with excellent products and service. Treat your customers how you would like to be treated. And treat your business like it is your partner for life.
Get to Know your Target Audience
- Get to Know your Target Audience-Who are your customers, what are their demographics, and what are they buying. Understanding your audience or customer base can increase your success in business.
Learn from your Competition
- Learn from your Competition-Compare pricing with your competitors, see what they are charging for their products and services. And find out how they market their products and services, how they do their advertising. How is their customer service? By discovering what the competition is doing you are better able to up your game and get ahead of the competition.
Customer Acquisition Cost and Customer Lifetime Value
- Customer Acquisition Cost (CAC) and Customer Lifetime Value (CLV)-CAC is your cost of sales and marketing. It tells you how much it costs to acquire a new customer. CLV is the profit attributed to the entire future relationship with a customer. Your CAC must be less than your CLV if your business is going to succeed.
Emailing your Prospects and Customers
- Emailing your prospects and your current and past customers-One of your top priorities is to build an Email list of customers and potential customers. Because emailing your customers on a regular basis is the most effective way to stay in touch with your customers. So, strive for weekly emails, and never go more than thirty days without emailing customers. Also, use your emails to train and educate your customers. They will begin to see you as an authority figure in your niche. This also will encourage your customers to buy from you again. Remember to never ignore your email list. After all, they are your future customers.
Ask for Feedback
- Ask for Feedback-You should always be asking for feedback. This gives you the opportunity to find out what your customers like and don’t like. And it helps you to figure out any adjustments you may need to make. It allows your customers to be able to comment on your business, which gives you the chance to grow your business with your customer needs in mind. So, don’t be afraid to ask. You could gain valuable information for your business from your customers.
Role of Social Media
- Decide the Role of Social Media in your Business-Choose one or two platforms to start with. You could start with one you are familiar with. But you will need to build up your presence and familiarize yourself with the platform. As a result, this will allow you to reach a bigger audience and gives you the opportunity to get your brand out there to the masses.
Manage you Cash
- Manage your cash-Only spend money on things you need for your business, not on the things you want for your business. And cut costs when possible and keep your overhead expenses low. Add subscription and recurring revenue models to your business. Sale your products and services. Reinvest back into your business. And put a percentage each month into growing your business.
How do you think that most people achieve success? Most of them have a few things in common. They are fearless. Starting your own business can be challenging. And the fear of failure can prevent you from ever trying in the first place. Most successful people have learned to manage their fears by always moving forward. If they fail at something they move on to something else. In conclusion, they do not let fear control their destiny.
Another thing they have in common is their ability to understand their finances. Knowing how to manage their money, they invest in the things they need, not the things they want. Successful business entrepreneurs learn how to create an income stream with products or services. Then they continue to grow their income by building up a larger product library and by finding new ways to provide their customers with products or services. They use their leverage to build on what they already have so they can keep moving forward.
Most successful business owners are great leaders. They have people around them that they know can help them succeed. And they know their own strengths and weaknesses so they know they need to fill in their weaker areas with someone strong. Many business owners may choose to take on partners. Having the right team members make celebrating your successes together a whole lot better.
Also, they know one of the most important keys to success is having the right attitude, knowing you really need to believe in what you are doing. They also know you need to truly be happy with what you are doing. You need to be able to show gratitude for the life around you. And remember to take care of yourself by exercising daily and remember to spend time with the most important people in your life, your friends, and your family.
The following rules are found in the book written by Seth Goldman and Barry Nalebuff (the authors of the book, “Mission in a Bottle”). The two of them created Honest Tea which they later sold to Coca-Cola. In the book, they share these 10 must follow rules on how to start and build a successful business of your own.
Mission in a Bottle
- Build something you believe in because that’s the first step to building a great brand. Believing in your purpose is what will move you forward.
- Aim to build a brand that is different and better than your competition.
- Prepare to be copied. Don’t start unless you’ll survive imitation. There are thousands of people out there trying to do the same thing. Know you need to continue to be diligent and continually be at the top of your game.
- Build up reserves of money and energy for bad luck and mistakes. Things can happen, and you should know that you need to be prepared for whatever comes your way.
- Never, ever give up control-until you sell-A true entrepreneur knows that they are in control. Ultimately, they make the decisions in the business.
- Don’t compromise on the big things-compromise on everything else. Knowing, in-order-to succeed, you need to stick to your vision and purpose. And never sacrifice your core values.
- Figure out how to achieve your goals on a tiny budget-then cut that number in half. Sticking to a budget is vital to the success of a new business. There is nothing that will put you out of business faster than blowing your budget.
- It’s a marathon, not a sprint. Know that you want to build your business for the long haul. We all start at the bottom when trying to get to the top. Take the baby steps needed for success and eventually, you will find yourself at the top.
- Take care of your family-personal and spiritual health-if you aren’t laughing or smiling on a regular basis, recalibrate.
- Build the enterprise and the brand as if you’ll own them forever. Build something you will be happy to pass down to the next generation of entrepreneurs.
To be successful at starting your own business, take the advice of people who climbed the ladder before you. Follow the strategies above and start your own successful business. There really is no better life than being successful at what you are working at and enjoying the benefits of what you have built. If you are serious about starting a business of sorts read my post on 10 Steps to Take Before You Start Your Blog. A guide that will help prepare you when starting a Successful Blog
See you soon,