Start Your Blog
You have decided that you are going to start your blog. I am going to tell you that this journey is a long one and at times very hard to accomplish. Don’t get me wrong, I love blogging and so happy I decided to continue with my blogging journey. But, I want you to know that it is very time consuming and can be a bit overwhelming. Just remember to take your time learning and thoroughly learn all you can. I want to help you on your journey and try to make things a little easier for you. I have put together a list of 10 steps to take before you start your blog. These are some things that will help you out when you are first learning how to start your blog.
- Look Within Yourself: Know that this is really what you want to do. Knowing that to start your blog it is going to be a long journey and it’s going to take time to grow. Be willing to do what it takes to succeed. And you have to know that you are willing to put in the time it will take you to succeed, realizing it’s not going to happen overnight. Know that giving up is not your plan, you will succeed. Have a positive attitude and don’t give up. Never stop trying, things will go wrong, and some days you will feel like giving up. But always remember that you have already put so much time and effort into your business and that the rewards you stand to gain when reaching success are endless. There is a light at the end of the tunnel. Just keep moving toward it.
- Start researching information about blogging. The more you learn about blogging the more confidence you will have in yourself and your ability to be successful at it. You will begin to create your own blogging strategy and understand the steps needed to become successful.
- Enroll in as many email courses that you can. This information will come in handy when you begin your blog. And at some point and time, you will want to start your own email course so pay close attention to the structure of the email courses you do take. Also, visit the site Udemy and you will find a world of knowledge there for the taking. There is a course on just about anything you can think of. I have taken several and it has helped me tremendously. I would love to be right there with you holding your hand, (I know I could have used this) but, unfortunately, I can’t so keep consistent and keep on learning every day.
- Arrange your schedule so you can have time every day to work on your blog. Your blog is your business and you want to treat it that way. Being Successful at Blogging means having Perseverance and Showing up Every Single Day. You have got to make yourself available every day for your business to succeed. You can’t post once a month and think that your site will grow, you have got to put in the work to get the rewards.
- Start Thinking about what your niche will be. Don’t stress too much about this, it will come to you sooner or later, believe me. I had trouble with this in the beginning too. Think about what your interests are and what you enjoy doing. It doesn’t have to be something you are passionate about, just something that interests you enough to write and research about.
- Decide what you will name your site. Just try brainstorming and writing down as many names as you can think of. And trust me most will already be used. But this will give you somewhere to start and who knows maybe you will get lucky and the first one you choose will be available.
- Join blogging communities: Join as many as you can. You will find people with the same interests as you. And most of all, you will also find help from others. They have been where you are and understand what you are going through. This is where you will be able to find out how other people run their business. And you will also be able to learn from their mistakes. And believe me, there will be mistakes and trial and errors that you will go through along the way. You will find people in the communities will be there to help you when you get stuck.
- Start Pinning every day. Create 10 to 15 interesting boards. This can help in finding your niche. Learn more about this in the post, Finding Your Niche. You will want to save to these boards daily. This is clarified more so in the post on How to make money on Pinterest. Another thing you will also want to do is start joining other peoples’ boards. There is a process you will have to go through for this and you will find everything you need to know about it in my Pinterest post.
- Take notes on everything. When starting I told myself that I was taking myself back to college. Yea, there is no college for blogging so this is what I did. I used the studying skills I learned from school to take in as much knowledge about blogging as I could. Taking notes helped me to retain all the information I was taking in. It also gave me a cheat sheet to refer to when I needed to be reminded of something I had already gone over.
- Remember, Success is determined by how determined you are to succeed. Give it your all and you will surely succeed. We all have our own opportunities to succeed and what we do with them are our own choices. Don’t compare yourself to others, they are not more successful than you can be, they have just been at it longer. They know more because they have spent more time educating themselves and learning the ins and outs of their business. With time you will find yourself where you want to be. Just remember, it will just take time, determination, and your belief in yourself that you can succeed at anything you put your mind to.
Take these steps into consideration and prepare yourself for your journey ahead. There is nothing better in life than providing yourself with financial freedom and to be able to enjoy what you do every day. And to do anything you want without having to answer to anyone but yourself. Well Ok maybe there are some better things in life, but these are at the top of my list. So, have fun with your new adventure and when you are ready to start your blog I will be ready to help you along the way with my post on How to Start A Blog.
Until next time,