Simple Syrup Recipe
This Simple Syrup recipe is, well very simple. You simply boil water and add sugar. Ok, there is a recipe for the exact measurement and you will find it below. Simple syrup is used in many ways. From cocktails to cakes, you’ll find recipes that call for this sweet mixture in many different forms.
Some variations include: Lavender, Rosemary, Lime and Mint, etc.
To find several variations of simple syrup check out How to Make and Infuse Simple Syrup.
What else can you do with this? See this post on Eight Things to Do With Simple Syrup at blog.chefsteps.com.
- Prep Time: 5m
- Cook Time: 5m
- Total Time: 10m
- 2 c Water
- 2 c Sugar
- In a saucepan heat 2 cups of water. Bring to a boil. Approximately 3-5 min.
- Once water is boiling add 2 cups of sugar. Stir until dissolved.
- Heat 3-5 minutes. The longer you heat it the thicker it becomes when cooled.
- Let cool to room temperature.
- Once cool mixture is ready to use. You can bottle any unused portion in a sealed container and refrigerate for up to 1 month.