Peach and Lemon Verbena Simple Syrup
This Simple Syrup Recipe is delicious with its mix of flavors. You’ll want to try this in your next cocktail, or bake up some goods with it. Just add to your favorite recipe to enhance the flavors.
It is simple and fast to prepare.
Store in an airtight container or glass jar with lid in the refrigerator for up to one month.
Try adding this to a Mojito cocktail. Find the recipes for some delicious Mojitos here.
For some great recipes check out these Peach recipes at Taste of Home
- Prep Time: 15m
- Cook Time: 30m
- Total Time: 45m
- 1 c Sugar
- 1 c Water
- 1/2 c Lemon Verbena leaves. You can get these at your local health food store.
- 2 Peaches (be sure to use ripe peaches)
- In a saucepan add the water and bring to a boil.
- Add to the saucepan the sugar, peaches, and lemon verbena leaves.
- Bring saucepan back to a boil.
- Reduce heat to med-low and simmer for 30 minutes or until peaches are very tender.
- Remove from heat and steep until cool.
- Strain mixture through a sieve or cheesecloth and pour into an airtight container or glass jar with lid.
- Use immediately or store in refrigerator for up to one month.