The classic Cuban Mojito is a refreshing combination of rum, sugar or simple syrup, fresh lime juice, and mint leaves, topped off with club soda. A delicious mix of flavors and so easy to prepare. Why not stir some up tonight!
This Mojito can be made with a number of different fruits and vegetables. For a full list of drinks check out this post Mojitos-30 different ways
- Prep Time: 10m
- Total Time: 10m
- 12 Mint Leaves (save 2 for garnish)
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 4 tsp. Simple syrup or sugar
- 4 fl oz White rum of your choice
- 2 c Club Soda
- 2 c Ice, crushed or cubed
- Add the lime wedges (save 2 for garnish), mint leaves (save 2), and simple syrup or sugar to a cocktail shaker or a tall glass.
- Muddle ingredients together to release flavor. Gently bruise the mint leaves rather than shredding them. If using sugar make sure it gets dissolved.
- Add rum and ice.
- If using a shaker then shake, shake, shake! Then pour into 2 tall glasses. If in a glass then stir!
- Top off with club soda and garnish with a lime wedge and mint leaves.