LEMON SIMPLE SYRUP RECIPE
This Simple Syrup recipe is a delicious syrup that is sweet and tasty! You’ll love how easy it is to make a refreshing glass of lemonade, just add some to a glass of water, add some ice and drink up!
Use this for cocktails, beverages, baked goods, marinades, or add to a fruit salad.
Or how about trying this Lemon-Mint Cake with Lemon Syrup recipe by Giada De Laurentiis from food network.com. It is Yummy!
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 5m
- Total Time: 15m
- 1 c Lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. Zest of one lemon
- 1 c Water
- 1 c Sugar
- 1 tbsp. Cornstarch (this is optional, if you want it thicker add the cornstarch)
- In a saucepan add the water and bring to a boil.
- Add the lemon juice, zest of lemon, and the sugar. If you would like a thicker syrup you can add the cornstarch as well.
- Bring the saucepan back to a boil.
- Reduce heat to med-low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Pour into an airtight container or a glass jar with lid and store in the refrigerator for up to one month.