LAVENDER AND THYME SIMPLE SYRUP
A delicious and flavorful mix, this simple syrup recipe is fast and easy to prepare. Use it in your favorite recipes. Or use it as a tasty addition to cocktails, beverages and baked goods. For a delicious cocktail try it in a classic mojito. Get my recipe from Mojitos-30 Different Ways.
When preparing this simple syrup recipe you can use fresh or dried herbs. Either one of them will be fine to use. And any unused portions can be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 1 month.
For a tasty twist on this syrup why not try this Pink Lemonade Lavender Thyme Sorbet! It comes from Boulderlocavore.com and it is delicious!
- Prep Time: 5m
- Cook Time: 10m
- Total Time: 15m
- 1 c Water
- 1 c Sugar
- 1/4 c Thyme (fresh or dried)
- 1/4 c Lavender (fresh or dried)
- In a saucepan add water and boil.
- Add to the saucepan the sugar, thyme, and lavender.
- Bring back to a boil and then simmer on low heat for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and steep until cool.
- Strain mixture and place in an airtight container or a glass jar.
- Add to your favorite recipe.
- Refrigerate any unused portions. Syrup can be stored in airtight container or glass jar for up to 1 month in the refrigerator.