Cherry Lime and Mint Mojito Drink
This Cherry Lime and Mint Mojito Drink is a delicious spin on a cherry cola with lime.
This refreshing cherry and lime drink is the perfect drink on a hot summer evening. It’s so easy to prepare, you will be enjoying this tasty beverage in a matter of minutes. Who doesn’t like that after a long day at work!
Having guests over? No problem just serve this easy-to-prepare drink and enjoy with friends and family. What about the kids? Just omit the alcohol and you have a refreshing drink for the little ones as well.
For more delicious recipes like this check out my post Mojitos-30 different ways
- Prep Time: 10m
- Total Time: 10m
- 1 c granulated sugar
- 1 c water
- 10 cherries
- 1 lime, juiced (save a slice for garnishing)
- 12 mint leaves (save one for garnishing)
- 2 oz white rum of your choice
- 2 oz simple syrup
- Ice (cubed or crushed)
- 4 oz club soda
- To make the simple syrup add equal parts water and sugar (1 cup each) to a saucepan. Bring to a boil and then simmer until sugar is dissolved. About 1-2 minutes. Set aside to cool. Keeps up to 1 month when stored in the refrigerator.
- In a cocktail shaker add 7 cherries, 10 mint leaves, 1 oz of lime juice, rum, and 2 oz. of the simple syrup. You can also use a sturdy glass for this.
- Muddle ingredients together with a muddler or the back of a wooden spoon extracting the flavors of the cherries and the mint. Then shake, shake, shake the shaker for about 10 seconds to mix ingredients.
- Add ice to a glass (cubed or crushed) and strain contents of shaker into the glass.
- Top glass off with club soda.
- Garnish with 2 cherries, a slice of lime and a sprig of mint.