Chamomile and Lemon Peel Simple Syrup
This Chamomile and Lemon Peel Simple Syrup is a delicious way to start your day! Add some to your morning tea, oatmeal, or cereal. It tastes great and also, it is a great additive to your favorite cocktail or to use in baked goods. It’s tasty and delicious however you choose to use it.
It is so easy to prepare, you will be sipping on your favorite drink before you know it!
Speaking of favorite drinks you should give this Coconut Pineapple Mojito a try. It’s delicious!
For more idea’s on how to use chamomile see 23 Ways to Use Chamomile from The herbal acadamy.com.
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 10m
- Total Time: 20m
- 2 c Water
- 2 c Sugar
- 1 Lemon
- 2 tbsp. Dried Chamomile flowers.
- Peel zest of lemon into strips with a vegetable peeler.
- In a saucepan add water and bring to a boil.
- Add to saucepan the sugar, lemon zest strips, and the dried chamomile flowers.
- Bring saucepan back to a boil.
- Reduce heat to med-low simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and steep until cool.
- Pour into airtight container or glass jar with lid.
- Use immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to one month.