Blood Orange and Mint Mojito
This twist on the classic Mojito is a refreshing and delicious cocktail drink with its combination of mint and blood orange as well as lime juice and simple syrup. This is a drink you will not want to put down. So go ahead and enjoy this new refreshingly tasty drink! Sit back, relax, and enjoy one or make a pitcher and share it with family and friends. Have little ones at your gathering? no worry, you can serve this citrusy drink with or without rum. Either way, this is a refreshing drink you will want to serve your guests over and over. They will love you for it and you will love the easy preparation. Have one today!
For more recipes like this see my post Mojitos-30 different ways
- Prep Time: 15m
- Total Time: 15m
- 10 sprigs of fresh mint
- 2 blood oranges-save one slice for garnish, freshly squeeze or juice the rest.
- 1 tbsp. lime juice, freshly squeezed or juiced.
- 1 oz light rum
- 2 tbsp. simple syrup
- 4 oz sparkling water or club soda
- Prepare the simple syrup by adding equal parts water and sugar to a saucepan. Simmer 1-2 mins or until sugar is dissolved. Set aside to cool.
- Pour 1 ounce of the blood orange juice and 1 Tbsp. lime juice along with 2 Tbsp. simple syrup into a tall glass.
- Add mint leaves to the glass. Remember to save a sprig of mint to garnish.
- Muddle together ingredients, brusing (not shredding or tearing) the mint. Mix until everything is combined.
- Add ice to the glass.
- Add 1 ounce of light rum and stir.
- Top glass off with sparkling water (club soda).
- Garnish with a slice of blood orange and a sprig of mint.