BLACKBERRY LAVENDER SIMPLE SYRUP
Any way you choose to use this Blackberry Lavender simple syrup you will find it is a delicious syrup that can be used in cocktails, teas, or baking. The mixture of blackberries and lavender give it a fresh herbal flavor that you are sure to enjoy!
Add to water to make a refreshing light drink infused with the flavors of this syrup. Or marinate with it to add that unique taste to your next BBQ.
It’s so fast and easy to prepare and can be stored in the refrigerator for up to one month. Just use what you need and store the rest.
Also, it makes a great gift to give away. Just add to a fancy bottle and give to your favorite cook!
For more simple syrup flavors check out this post on How to Make and Infuse Simple syrups.
Try some more blueberry and lavender recipes like this one from Myrecipes.com. It’s a blueberry lavender pie with almond streusel. It’s delicious!
- Prep Time: 5m
- Cook Time: 10m
- Total Time: 15m
- 1 c Water
- 1 c Sugar
- 1 c Blackberries
- 1/4 c Lavender (fresh or dried)
- In a saucepan add the water and bring to a boil.
- Add the sugar, blackberries, and lavender to the saucepan and bring back to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and steep until cool.
- Strain mixture through a sieve or cheesecloth to remove pulp.
- Pour mixture into airtight container or glass jar.
- Refrigerate any unused portion.
- Can be stored in the refrigerator for up to one month.